____________________________________

Tuesday, July 19, 2005


It's A Bargain To Consider

Do you read books about the craft of writing? I’ve got five shelves of these types of books in my office—and I’ve read and highlighted most of them. For more than twenty years, reading how-t0 books about different aspects of the writing life has been a regular part of my reading schedule.  Some of these books are specific about a particular type of writing such as children’s books or book proposals or various aspects of fiction. Others are tied to marketing books and yet others to the mechanical aspects of the business like query letters.

There are many different sources for these types of how-to books. New titles enter the market each year.  Book Proposals That Sell, 21 Secrets To Speed Your Success joined these trade paperbacks a few months ago. This month the Writer’s Digest Book Club includes this title as a featured alternative. I’m a member of this book club and haven’t received my mailing for the month (remember I’m a “w” for my last name). Several writers across the country have sent their notes of congratulation about the appearance. I’m looking forward to receiving my newsletter.

If you are not a member of the Writer’s Digest Book Club, then now is your time to join. You can get my book free (plus postage) which is a bargain. Note you will have to select my book as one of your choices (use the search feature on the site and type in my last name, “Whalin” and it will take you to the entry. There is no obligation to purchase additional books and if you read the books (some people just purchase books and keep them on the shelf), then it will help you grow as a writer. Of course, you will not be able to get an autographed copy of my book (use this link if you want one) but for some people the bargain is worth your consideration. 

1 Comment:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger C.J. Darlington Left a note...

Haven't received mine yet either, and I'm a "D" ... Congrats anyway!

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...